TIR were appointed to address a number of issues on the building:
• Of the 35 windows, 85% were refurbished and 15% were replaced with exact replicas produced by in-house specialist carpenters. Once installed, these were decorated internally and externally in keeping with the property’s look. Three doors were also refurbished in the same manner.
• All cast iron rain water goods were removed and replaced with new replicas, and decorated.
• Small sections of the building’s rendering was removed and re pointed, and various areas of lead weatherings were made good.
• Sections of the main roof were repaired in matching natural slate.
• External gulley’s were fixed and discharged in to new soakaways.
Internally, approximately a quarter of the original intricately decorated ceilings had perished with water damage. Sections were carefully removed, and replaced with a sympathetic plaster paris and lime mix, with the original detailing replicated by the hand of our skilled plasterer, Stan Murray.